Their Christmas tree was scheduled to be taken down the following day; however, a giant fire ignited and killed 6 family members (two adults and four of their grandchildren). It burned down their entire 16,000 square foot mansion. This fire took place in 2015 in Annapolis, MD.
When I attended Professional Household Management training, we received education regarding fires in the home and how to possibly mitigate potential fire hazards. This particular fire that we learned about took place a few weeks after Christmas on January 19th and ignited with a faulty electrical outlet that powered the family’s extremely dried-out Christmas tree. This classroom training had a lasting impact on me.
The reason for my post: it is extremely necessary to be sure that your principal and their family’s home is safe and secure from potential danger. Not only should you be looking out for the obvious dried out tree and faulty electrical, but it is also important to work with your local fire department to be sure that your family is safe and secure throughout the year.
As household managers, we must assess what unique situations our principals’ household may have:
Additionally, meet with your local fire department to find out:
It is time to remove those dried out Christmas trees and have a plan in place to make your principals’ home as safe as it can be.
#PebbleBeach #Carmel #CarmelbytheSea #LosAngeles #LA #SiliconValley #ConciergeHomeManagement #EstateManagement #PropertyManagement #fire #fireprevention